Tuesday 7 April 2009

Debbie Greenaway

I have sent the following email to Debbie Greenaway. Debbie is someone that I have been in contact with since I saw her work at the New Blood exhibition in London and she's a really lovely person.

Hi Debbie,

How are you? I'm sorry that I haven't emailed in so long but I have been so busy with my major project. Anyway, I hope that it is still okay to ask you some questions regarding you and your work, and I apologize if I have already asked any of these questions in the past! So...

1) What made you want to be an illustrator?
2) Who are your main style influences?
3) What outside interests do you have?
4) How have you found getting work as an illustrator since leaving university and what ways do you promote yourself in order to gain commissions?
5) How would you like your work to progress in the future?
6) If you were not an illustrator, what would you want to be?
7) Do you think that you will always be an illustrator or do you have another career path in mind?
8) What context do you think best suits your work? (i.e. editorial, children's books, book covers, etc.)

...And I think that is all I can think of at the moment. Some of those questions, such as "do you always want to be an illustrator" are currently on my mind as, even though I am so close to having a degree in illustration, I am not even sure if that is what I want to do anymore. I'm not sure if I have what it takes to work freelance and I am thinking about trying to get experience as a graphic designer, but who knows?!

Anyway, I hope you are well and hope to hear from you soon,
Leanne x

No comments:

Post a Comment