Wednesday 5 November 2008

Personal Project - Cut-Up Lettering


At the beginning of the personal project, I set myself the brief of creating an illustrative typeface. At the time, I was hoping to create a typeface aimed at children, but as I researched more into the subject of typography, I realised that this was something I did not want to do. Upon researching, I came across circus typography, and decided that I too would like to create an ornate typeface, therefore my brief became to create an illustrative typeface based upon the theme of the circus. I began my cutting up previous circus fonts and pasting them together to create an entirely new typeface. As I was pleased with how these turned out, I decided to develop these letters further, and I create an outlined version, using Illustrator.

No comments:

Post a Comment